RFSL Linköping was founded in 1975 and is a branch in RFSL – The Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Rights. RFSL is a non-profit organisation that was founded in 1950. RFSL’s goal is that LGBTQ people should have the same rights and obligations as everybody else in society.
Current projects in RFSL Linköping:
- Skills development in LGBTQ for employees of the municipality, Linköpings kommun.
- LGBTQ refugees’ right to stay in Sweden.
- Linköpings Rengbågsvecka.
- RFSL Rådgivningen i Östergötland.
Our political commitment is:
- RFSL Linköping has as its goal to work with sexual politics, internally and externally.
The internal politics can be about affecting the attitudes towards minorities within the LGBTQ group, such as women, bisexuals, trans people, immigrants and so on.
The external politics is about influencing our closest environment, the community and the people around us. Mostly we work with political advocacy by working with politicians in our own municipality.